Local SEO is now very helpful especially for those of you who are just starting a business. You want your business website to appear quickly in search engines so you can get more customers. To achieve that, you can use Local SEO by following the guidelines below.
With you maximizing your local business through the internet, the potential to be able to prospective customers closest to your business location is even greater.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a way of optimizing business websites so that they can rank well in search engines for local search. The best ranking you want is certainly the first page of search engines right?
If you’ve ever done a search on search engines using keywords in geographic areas, that’s what local search means. Examples of searches that use keywords in geographical areas such as, “Aircond service in shah alam”, “screen printing place in shah alam”, and so on.
The next question is does your business need local SEO? If your clients mostly come from the surrounding area or come directly to your place, then the answer is necessary. In principle, in my opinion, so that local SEO can be more leveraged, just use 2 ways, namely to maximize with Google my business and the dominance of keywords with website articles that you have.
SEO guide for local so that it can be maximized:
- Create a Google My Business account
Google My Business is the first step to start local SEO. Google My Business is very important to help local SEO success. If without this tool, your business will not appear in the ‘local map listings’ on the search engine results page. For how to create your Google My Business account, visit the Google my business page here.
On Google my business, create a business name that contains the keywords for your product or service and the name of your business. Make your business profile as clear and complete as possible. Starting from opening hours, call the number and upload some photos related to the product or service being sold.
Also make posts related to the product being sold. For reviews also greatly affect the ranking of your business location on Google’s search engine.
- Do Keyword Research for Local SEO
You already know that keywords are an important factor in SEO. So in choosing keywords / keywords must be the right and best. That way, if your business keyword appears on the first page of search engines really bring prospective buyers. There are several ways you can do to research the right keywords so that your business gets a higher ranking in the search engine results pages. How to research keywords can use free tools including Google Keyword Planner, ubersuggest, keyword tool everywhere.
After getting keywords, make these keywords for material to make articles on your business website. Create quality and informative articles. The example that I did below was my T-shirt printing business website that wanted to dominate in the local area near my screen printing business.
- Analyze competitors in your local business
By analyzing your competitors, this will help you to develop your local SEO strategy. Some things you can get after analyzing competitors in your local business are:
- You can find out who your business competitors are for the local keywords that you choose
- Look at web backlinks obtained by your competitors. To find your business competitors, you just enter the local keywords that you want to use in your business. Then, you can see the backlinks that your competitors get by entering their website URLs that appear in search engines to link analysis websites such as Ahrefs and Majestic, SEOquake or semrush analysis. Read my article entitled How to Analyze Competitor Backlinks
- You can see how many reviews your competitors have gotten to be able to rank the best Google My Business on the search results page.
- The things that you should pay attention to are the domain authority, page authority, and links that they get. This will help you to see how popular and strong their business is on search engines.